Monday, April 9, 2012

I am Abby

The following are the words spoken by Abby's aunt, Kim at her funeral and I want to share them with you.

I am Abigail Rose Bachman-  Be it done unto me according to your word...


I am Aimee Bachman - A handmaid of the Lord


I am Roberto Bachman - The Rock


Together they have been walking a path of faith, hope and courage unknown to most...

Since the moment Aimee and Roberto found out about Abby's condition, they accepted every new development, setback, and joy with their hearts wide open, all the while, keeping everyone up to date with her progress, before her birth and after.  We all watched as they forged ahead with faith, resolve and strength.  Every mother I have spoken to, without exception, said the same thing "I don't know how they are doing it".  And now they are burying their baby girl and I ask again "how are they doing it?"

I have had the absolute honor of being at Abby's first birth day and what a party it was!  A miracle!

I was also given the profound gift of being there on the day she died...again, a miracle!

In Aimee and Roberto's last hour with their little girl, Aimee generously asked me if I wanted to hold her, I couldn't wait.  A big YES!  As I looked down at her beautiful, perfect face, I was holding her body only, her spirit was in heaven, I knew I was holding the daughter of a most perfect God.  I felt the majesty and greatness of our creator.  I closed my eyes for a moment and I saw Abby in an open field with the greenest grass and wild flowers everywhere dancing and twirling with Jesus and other children, I knew she was okay...And I felt this incredible sense of peace.

Who can know why Abby was here for such a short time, I do not...

What I do know, is that in her three short weeks of life, without lifting a finger, thinking a thought, Abby touched each one of us in a different profound way.

Emilia, Lucas and Lily, remember this: your Mommy and Daddy have given you the biggest gift ever, a baby sister angel in heaven and she will be there with you and for you all the days of your life...

Aimee and Roberto:

Because of your YES, I prayed more...

Becuase of your YES, I cried more...

And Because of your YES, I love more...

So, I thank you for the gift of Abby and although she has left this earth, I have a sneaky suspicion she's only just begun her magic!  God Bless you both and your family.  Hail Mary, full of grace......


1 comment: