Friday, November 30, 2012

Silent Night

Silent Night is a lullaby I sing to all of my children.  When I sing to them, I am also singing to her.  They can't go to sleep without it and I love to sing it!!

Silent Night has so many places in my heart.  I sang it to Abby the night before she died.  I also sang it to her when I had to let her body go and give it to her amazing NICU doctor, Dr. Culic.  I don't know where the strength came from but I pulled it off somehow.

I requested Silent Night to be sung at her funeral.  I always admired the woman who sang at her funeral, Janice.  The intensity and feeling that I felt that day through her music is indescribable.  I bet that's how heaven sounds.  The most beautiful day of my life was that day.  I told myself that I was going to be present for each and every moment, to breathe it all in and to sing with praise.  I hadn't been able to sing much during the pregnancy.  Looking back, I think it was a combination of road block and lack of wind.  But that day I managed and am so very pleased.

I enjoy singing.  I didn't know how well I could actually sing until I joined a choir a few years ago.  I took a break when I was pregnant but not only joined back but became a cantor as well.  I am totally going outside of my comfort zone.  My knees buckle and I get nervous but I am doing it!  I have to coach myself each time and tell myself that I am going to be okay.  It is nerve racking to say the least.  I try to dedicate my music to God and tell him that this is for him and for Abby.

My new friend Janice, gave me a very special gift and I want to share it with you.  This  was in response to my Fire post yesterday.  Thank you Janice for your thoughtfulness and beauty.  I haven't had the heart to put on Christmas music yet or to plan our festivities for decorating.  Bu this was an amazing surprise to receive over a night of not being able to sleep....

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b86c3cdd2

No comments:

Post a Comment