Monday, January 23, 2012

Original News about Abby




I apologize in advance for the method of delivering this message but it is overwhelming to say the least.

I’m not sure if you are aware, but I wanted to share our news that I am 20 weeks pregnant with a girl. We are naming her Abby!! We are thrilled and petrified at the same time. Abby has many complications and her condition is serious. What was supposed to be a routine ultrasound has turned into test after test. She has been diagnosed with skeletal dysplasia (dwarfism). There are several hundred different types of this condition and the doctors have told us that she has one of the worst of its kind and her survival is unlikely.

I am sure you all have questions and I totally understand. I will keep you all updated as I continue to learn more about her and her well being.

I am writing not only to inform you but to ask you for your prayers for Abby. The power of prayer is a mystery and all I ask of you at this time is that you pray for her. We are deeply saddened with this news but we are not giving up on her and will do everything we humanly can to help her. I believe that God has a plan, one that I cannot understand. She is mine because it is His will, that I am certain. I am blessed with her gift and wouldn’t have it any other way.

My faith and your love and support are the reason I can cope with this. Thank you and God Bless.


Aimee & Roberto

No comments:

Post a Comment